Thursday, February 12, 2004

WE ARE VICTORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, that's right. "Hail the conquering heroes..."

I will now join James (McCullough not Lin) as being accepted to the Physics department at the University of Washington. Tragically, their pay plan is severely lacking. They offer $1285 a month for 9 months and a bonus of $1500 so it comes out to $13065 for 9 months. Now assume I get the 4% raise they predict. So it now comes out to $13527.60 for 9 months. Now assume I get a summer research job, which usually pays more, for 2 months. According to their chart, assuming I'm reading it correctly, I get $1378 +4% raise. This comes out to $2866.24 for 2 months. This is $16393.84 for 11 months. I get more from Illinois. But we'll see. I would like to see the facilities and meet with some people before I decide. As a result of this, I now have bought plane tickets for the trip from h*ll. Here's a quickie of the plan:
Thurs March 4th- Syracuse to Seattle
Fri 5th and Sat 6th- In Seattle at the University of Washington
Early Sun March 7th- Seattle to LAX to go home
Rest of Sun, Mon 8th, Tues 9th, Wed 10th- At home, playing at LEAST one round of golf probably 2.
Thurs March 11th- LAX to Champaign, Ill.
Fri 12th, Sat 13th- At the University of Illinois
Early Sun 14th- Fly Champaign, Ill to Syracuse.
Rest of day- sleeping and attempting to overcome jet lag

Yeah, I dislike flying. This I WILL HATE and HATE WITH A PASSION.

hehehe.

BTW...

TONIGHT was Round 4 of The Vidali Lab Guillotine Championship!!!!!

Now for my CA friends who don't understand this: I work in a lab (okay you got that) under the supervision of Professor Vidali (hence Vidali Lab). Guillotine is a card game in which you try to "kill" french nobles in the execution line. They're worth different points based on their value to the people from King Louis XVI (5 points) to the Hero of the People (-3 points). I own this game so trust me... I'll force you guys to play this.

Anyway, every week, usually on Fri, we play a "round" or 3 games. 3 points for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd and ties split the points.

Tonight's point total was:
Scott - 9 points
Joe- 6 points
Em- 3 points

Which makes the running total to be:
Scott- 31.5 points
Joe- 23.5 points
Em- 16 points

Anyway, I'm hitting the sack..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home