Thursday, January 29, 2004

Vacuum Energy Disses me again. What else is new?

So, yeah I had to do laundry, finish homework, finish the damn chapter and start reading my Relativistic Quantum Mechanics book. However, all of them were things you couldn't really start and stop. The fluidity of work had to be maintained, so when Joe decided to tell me that he would call me back in regards to dinner, I couldn't really start anything. I could nibble around the edges, but nothing major was accomplished. 5 PM came and no call came "No prob" I thought, "the colloquium let out late". 5:30 (Had to work late in the lab) 6 PM (Okay I NEED TO GET MY LAUNDRY DONE WHERE R U?). Finally at 6:30 came and I called up the lab "Oh well Emily doesn't want to do anything yet. Well nice unilateral decision Emily, but hey nobody gives a crud about Scott (how come I am not surprised?)

It doesn't piss me off that you guys didn't want to do anything. It pisses me off that you guys don't have the decency or the respect of me to give me one minute and to call me and say "This is how things are going down in the lab" or "Scott, no can do" or "Scott, we hate your guts, we hope you'll die a slow and tortuous death rather soon." I have other crap to do in my life. Its not like I usually have enough time to just sit in front of a computer and surf the web for hours every day (Yes, I know you could now be making the argument that I should be working and I am, working on making dinner, by the time you guys enlightened me with your unilateral decision (get that from Bush?) the dining hall was closing and I was forced to scrounge up something GREAT tonight for dinner (POPCORN!! HOW FILLING!!!!! ) so I'm writing this as I'm microwaving popcorn, doing my laundry (6 min till the dryer) and starting to look at my Relativistic Quantum Mechanics book)

Well also, as a final word, I might be in late tomorrow, Joe. 90 minutes late to be precise, I need to make up the time that I lost while waiting for the long lost phone call. Of course, showing up on time and making fun of you to your face is also appealling, so we'll see when I wake up, if I wake up.

"Why Hello, Joe. Nice of you to make a phone call..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home