Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Latest grad school info

So, here we are on Feb 11th and I have this info:

I have been accepted to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a teaching assistantship that pays $17,000 for eleven months about. It will go up.

I have been accepted to the University of Michigan. TA(Teaching Assistantship) with part time fellowship. I work only 10 hours a week, compared to 20 or more at Illinois and I get about $16,965 for 10 months (exactly).

Syracuse is by far the most funny. After getting told personally by the head secretary that I got a TA job (15,600 for 9 months). I then got an email from her telling me I got the University Fellowship. She sent me this email:

Dear Scott,
I have just been informed that you have been awarded a University Fellowship. The fellowship includes a stipend of $18,000 for the 9-month academic year and 30 tuition credits for 2004-2005. You will get more information from the GEMC in the near future.
This is, for us wonderful news. Congratulations!

Notice the "for us". Its like they're taking credit for my work! I know why they put it in there. Cause now the university will pay my way, not the department.

James (McCullough not Lin) has heard back from Washington (congrats to him for getting into Washington as well as Arizona and Oregon) so I expect I will heard back from Washington tomorrow. Harvard and Stanford have taken too long, ie. rejected!

Colorado is the true wildcard. Their PHD doesn't require a qualifying exam (BIG FRICKING EXAM THAT MAKES YOU WANT TO PEE IN YOUR PANTS) so we'll see what happens.

Maryland doesn't really matter anymore, but we'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home