Friday, January 30, 2004

Keep Trying to Understand Me

Okay so we know the facts. Somehow either Joe knew or had a hunch that Em had the Scarlet Pimpernel (or he was betting that Em maybe had the card)

I completely understand why Em would get pissed off, I would be furious. Of course the more important question is whether or not Em would've caught me to win the game. With the cards in my hand, I doubt it but it is possible (heck I got waylaid once, but it took the combined forces of Joe and Em to destroy me).

So wait, is this morally and ethically correct, what Joe did?

Well I don't know the entire situation. Only Joe does. If he had a hunch, then there's no ethical dilemma here and I'm wasting my breath. If he had actually seen it, was he obligated to tell her he saw it or was he fine doing what he did.

This is a gray area. Assuming, as I am, that Joe made no actual attempt to see the card but it was shown in his face, I feel that he did the right thing. Em screwed up. I've done it before. You can't wave your cards around and assume no one is going to see it.

Actually there is a bigger question here, why is Scott talking about moral, ethical dilemmas and a code of honor late on a Friday night.

The answer is in the Quote of the Day...

"I have no life"-Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home