Tuesday, January 27, 2004

R You the Last one? Yes, Yes I am

Despite my homework, it appears that I am the last one of the three at Vacuum Energy HQ (I'm cringing right after writing that) who is still writing on his blog. I'll live though.

I have so much to do tomorrow morning before going into the lab. I need to print off my Statement for Maryland, the Reminder page so I can get the address necessary to send it to, print off my lab, go down to the Post Office, send off my Maryland stuff and then get some scotch tape to tape in my lab into my lab notebook. Argh! Too much too much to do!

At least I'll have my applications done and the lab will be. Relativity hw is done and so it leaves me with just one thing to do tomorrow night, make my publisher happy and write the damn chapter. hehehe.

Watched American Idol this evening. Funny stuff. Usually most of the bad people are really funny. But then came this guy in San Francisco who immigrated from Hong Kong and wanted to try. He really sucked. I mean he was REALLY bad. Definitely up there for one of the worst. But I liked him, cause despite Randy and Simon laughing (it was a laugher), he said "I have no regrets. I tried my hardest and didn't succeed." and then he walked out of there. Paula and Randy applauded him for his attitude, Simon did kinda, but he was still talking about the fact that the guy sucked. I kinda felt sorry for him but at the same time, I had to applaud him. He tried it out, didn't succeed, but didn't really care. He was imho, the true way how someone who fails and is that bad should leave. He didn't beg for another chance. He didn't entirely believe that he was that bad, but accepted it and left with his head held up high. What makes me laugh are those people who REALLY suck (think Keith from Atlanta and a couple others including the gay guy from NY) who really suck but can't accept it. Its like "guys, get over it, you're not going to make it." Like I don't consider myself to be the best or worst singer in the world but I'm fairly confident that if I tried out for American Idol I would fail. But if I did, even if they told me I sucked (well unless if they said I was the worst singer in the world which I might dispute) I would say "thanks", shake their hands and walk out of there. I wouldn't be happy but they know what works and if they said I was not it, then you know what, "I'm not it." If they put up a video of this guy, I'll link it. I hope if they do though, they show how he left, a little stunned, but accepting of it.

Past that, the error is still there. Don't know yet what I'm going to do with it. And right now I'm getting dead tired so.. hitting the sack.

"A Masculine river comes from and underground fountain, a feminine river comes from a water gap."-Joe
"NOOOOOOOO.. JOE!!!!!!!!"-Scott


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home