Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Spring is in the air...............

That's right. It's spring again.

Birds are chirping, Syracuse is thawing out, the Sun is finally being shown and Scott is analyzing his fantasy baseball team.

WHAT?!?!?!?!

I once jokingly told Nik, "I can tell its spring when I start going. WHERE'S BASEBALL TONIGHT????"

Even last year, when I was playing Civ III, I was still watching the late night Baseball Tonight (midnight to 1 ET, ESPN2 and ESPN).

It's so I can not only follow my fantasy baseball team, follow the Phils but also just cause I like baseball. I look forward more to the opening of Baseball season than Football season (though once it gets in full swing, Football season wins, even over the WS unless the Phils are in it). I long to do some long toss, take a couple of swings and strike out somebody (WHO'S NEXT?). Baseball is meant to be fun. Baseball is our pastime and its nice and relaxing to watch but yet interesting enough to follow (For example, who will do better this year in the Bay Area sluggers, Bonds or Chavez?) Bonds will probably get walked around 180-200 times and have a higher OPS but Chavez's biggest problem is lefties. He's a career .220 hitters against southpaws (I just checked, he's .221!, DAMN, I'm good) If he faced northpaws all the time, he'd have a great life, but he'll still cement the 3-hole in the A's lineup or perhaps bat cleanup (If you didn't get that, WATCH MORE BASEBALL!).

I also like golf (as you guys know) and baseball as well as football. But this time, is the most exciting for me of the entire sportsyear.

Oh yeah, Will Lou bring the TB DRs to 70 wins? I think so, but .500? I doubt it.

Where's Nik when you need him?

"Maddux.... must get 300"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home