Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Random Number Generator and how it affects you!

(Author's Note: When I first heard this story, I didn't find it that funny, but as time has progressed, I have found it to be more and more hilarious. I hope the reader does find it funny as well.)

It is customary in a MC fight to put your strongest players up front. Whether this means someone is tanking the main boss or the mage is delegated the task to remove the curses off of said tank, this is something that is standard in all groups.

When it comes to healing rotations, it is standard to put the best healers in the front. Right now, the uninformed reader is asking, "What is a healing rotation?" Basically it comes down to this. You take X number of healers and divide them into Y number of groups with X/Y healers per group. The goal of this is to maintain healing on your players and to give the healers a chance to regenerate mana. Also, you put your best healers in group 1 and then so on, this way the healers at the front will have a greater opportunity to heal than the people in the back groups.

However, problems may still arise. Such is the case when you have 2 healers looking at a tank with half health. They both will probably whip out their appropriate spells to heal for 2000 damage and will waste mana or perhaps they will just be slow on the uptake. Like this time.

So me and this priest were healing the main tank. He was approximately at half health and then we both started healing. We however, were not fast enough and the tank got hit again and we were sure he was a goner. Then we noticed something: he was alive.

It wasn't until later that we found out how close of a call it was. Not only he was alive. He had 12 hit points! 12 out of about 5800! Ouch. The main tank said later that he was practically screaming at his computer "HEAL ME NOW" Of course the priest's response was "Well you had [Scott] and me, so WHAM! You were saved." The main tank agreed and it was true within a second of him being at 12 hp, he was at 4100 hp and back up and going. But still, it was a close call.

BTW I am now posting my progress towards the elusive 300 per tick on my rejuvenation. That means I get 100 hp healed PER SECOND. Which is pretty good for a spell that only costs 1/3 of my Healing Touch. Right now I have: 276 with the addition of the Emerald Flame Ring . To figure out how much it adds to the total, take the number in green that it says it adds to healing and divide by 4. I am still far away from my goal as there are several pieces out there I want.

(The thought just occurred to me that some people might not know what this means. Rejuvenation is an instant cast spell that heals 908 over 12 seconds. It only costs half the amount of my main healing spell but that is 3.5 seconds long to cast whereas this is instant. No prep time required, when I get 300 per tick, I heal 1200 hp over 12 seconds. Right now I am healing 1104 which is close but not close enough)

Also I am posting my progress towards my mount:
Quests REQUIRED: 840
Quests COMPLETED: 722.3
Quests TO GO: 117.7
Number of Furbolgs that will be killed assuming I only do the Furbolg Quest: 1177
Furbolgs Killed Today: 133

Feel for the furbolgs. For they must die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home